Saturday, April 13, 2013

An Explanation For My Absence and an Announcement!

Oh boy do I have a lot to tell you my wonderful readers! The past few weeks have been CRAZY! As most of you know I am not a stay at home mom, in fact I have two jobs outside the home. My husband works nights and I work days, on top of that I have a home, two children, a dog, and a blog to take care of. I regret to say I have been neglecting the latter and I feel terrible about it, but I think I have a few great excuses!
The first is that we are expecting! That's right, we have another little one on the way! I am a little nervous as I've heard going from 2 to 3 is way harder than going from 1 to 2, and I've never cloth diapered a newborn before but am looking forward to that adventure! I'm also nervous because my little one is only a year old! But it'll be a fantastic adventure and we already love our newest little very much. We aren't telling anyone our due date or much other information other than we are expecting because it's been really nice having a greater measure of privacy this pregnancy. We may give more information later but for now just know we will let everyone know when he or she is here!
 The second, and the one that is more explanation than announcement is that I have been very sick. I don't mean a cold or the flu, I mean very sick. I've been in a lot of abdomen pain for a while and was ignoring it because I had work and no time to go to the doctor. I finally went to the Emergency Room and then to my doctor. They sent me for an ultrasound of my gallbladder as they couldn't find any reason for the sever pain other than stress ulcers that shouldn't have been that painful. We got the test results back that my gallbladder would have to come out right away. It took a few days to find a surgeon willing to do that surgery on a pregnant woman, and who had openings soon and took our insurance. It was a crazy week where I tried my best (and failed) to stay out of the ER and take care of myself while still going to work and taking care of my family. Finally we did the surgery this past Tuesday. The recovery has been MUCH less than easy and wonderful but we are getting by. I'm doing my best to rest and get better. Sometimes I'm in severe pain and other times I feel much better, but I tend to overdo it when I am feeling well so that is making things a little harder. The doctor said that while he knew my gallbladder HAD to come out and was in bad shape, he was not ready for the shape it was in, he said as he took it out it pretty much dissolved in his hands. Another week or so and it would've done that inside of me and not only would I have possibly lost the baby but I could've died. So I have been thanking Heavenly Father that we got help when we did and I'm so thankful to my husband who pressured me into not waiting and who has been taking care of me while I recover.
 
Anyway so that is why I haven't been nearly as active as I should be! I really do apologize but I hope you understand! Hopefully today I'll be able to write a couple of posts because I have all these ideas that I want to get written for you all! Let me know, as always, if you have any ideas you would like to see featured on this blog! You can also check out and post on my Facebook Page and Twitter to keep up on giveaways, contests, awesome WAHM brands, sales I hear about, etc. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog to be notified each time I make a new post as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment