Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OsoCozy Fitted Diapers: A Review!

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite things to read on a blog is a review! I love hearing how real people, especially real moms, like or dislike products. I love when they are able to share their experiences and I think those kinds of posts more than anything help me make decisions on what I would or would not like to try. One problem I run into though is that some bloggers get all excited about being offered something to test and they give it a positive review, or spin the review in such a positive way, even if they really don't like whatever it is or won't use it ever again after the trial period. Not all bloggers are like this, some won't even review something if they don't like it, as mama always said, if you don't have something nice...but there are some awesome bloggers who will be honest with you about a product or service's flaws, it's cons as well as it's pros! This is the kind of blogger I want to be, and plan to be. If you would like to partner with me for a review please email me at blueturtlesweetie@gmail.com or get a hold of me through my blog.
 
This blog is brought to you by the letter M...Just kidding, it's done with the cooperation and support of Mama's Emporium!
 
Mama's Emporium is a delightful store run by an awesome mama. The owner, Amanda has a brick and mortar store in Aurora, CO, but she also has an online store which I frequent all the time! I love her site because she uses customer input to decide what she will and will not carry, and she uses almost everything she carries so she stands behind her products 100%. I also love that you earn rewards points for each purchase, which can really add up! I have used my points to get a FREE baltic amber teething necklace and am currently saving up for a shark teething toy/baby toothbrush! Or maybe just a gift certificate! Mama's Emporium also has AWESOME customer service and is very knowledgeable about cloth diapering and parenting in general. She doesn't just carry cloth diapers and accessories either! She also carries teething remedies, toys, books, essential oils, cloth diaper detergents, lotions, CD safe diaper rash creams, natural cleaning products, baby wraps and carriers, and so much more! PLUS she does registries and layaway! I have never had a negative experience with her, and I swear I'm not just saying that because she's sponsoring this review. I would tell you if I'd had a bad experience because this blog is all about learning and growing in my cloth diaper journey and helping others to learn and have a positive experience in theirs!
 
So...on to the good stuff, the diapers!
 
I was originally looking into fitteds because we are still searching for a good nighttime solution. The problem is fitteds are generally more expensive. I started cloth diapering because, well, we needed to save the money! So I am very budget minded when it comes to cloth diapering. I prefer prefolds and covers just because it's cheaper. I prefer china cheapies, again, because they are cheaper. But neither of those have been working for nighttime, no matter what I stuff pockets with or how well I use the prefolds. When I got the chance to do a review, I of course jumped on it!
 
OsoCozy is supposed to be a more budget minded brand of cloth diapers. They are less expensive than other brands for sure. I've always assumed you kind of get what you pay for with fitteds. I've heard of a lot of mamas having problems with cheaper fitteds and I will be honest, I was skeptical that these were going to work. We put it on my son one night with a simple Econobum cover. Cheap but works. I'll say this, my son is a heavy wetter and he's also a tummy sleeper which makes finding a good diaper to last the night even more difficult. Even disposables don't work very well overnight and it seems no matter what we put on him he ends up waking up to wet sheets. We literally have been waking him up twice a night to change him. So back to the night we tried them. Well when he woke up the next morning he was happy and his sheets were dry! He seemed like he was in a much better mood and I was happy because I didn't have to change his sheet, and I didn't have to wake him up twice to change his diaper! The fitted and cover held it all in and were easy to take off! I thought maybe I was just lucky, so I washed a load of diaper laundry and tried again. Same results! I've now tried it four different nights with three different covers and I can say for sure that OsoCozy fitted diapers are awesome!
 
I already loved OsoCozy better fit prefolds, but now I am very happy to say I think OsoCozy is a great brand. It's the best of both worlds because they obviously make quality diapers that work well but they also will not break the bank! I honestly think we have found our night time solution! I seriously cannot think of anything I didn't like about the diaper's use. I will say the laundry tabs don't keep the velcro hooked and the velcro ends up sticking to things in the laundry, but it is such a minor annoyance in a big long list of pros, it won't keep me from buying more at all!

 

 
 
You can buy OsoCozy fitteds or add them to your registry at Mama's Emporium
 
Don't forget, if you'd like to partner with me for a review and/or giveaway, let me know! blueturtlesweetie@gmail.com

UPDATE: OsoCozy will no longer be making velcro closure for their fitted diapers. This is really saddening to me because I love that feature, it makes it easy to take off and put on. Mama's Emporium still has some velcro, I would get in on that while you could.

1 comment:

  1. I read your review about osocozy fitted cloth diapers since I am looking into buying some. I am confused however to know if all I will need to use is the diaper? Do I need a prefold? Does it have a pocket to stuff with a reusable liner?
    Our baby is on the way in October and I wouldn't want to make 2 seperate orders or have him get here and do it all wrong!
    I read that the diaper itself is very absorbent with many layers. Does this mean I should or shouldn't put a prefold or insert into the diaper?
    Thanks for your help. Hoping to hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete